Friday 2 January 2009

Gardenia

Man what a class track. Kyuss was my turning point in finding my own musical tastes. I remember just following whatever was being played on the radio or on my pc, but when i got into kyuss i started branching off into my own tangents and for that kyuss will always be one of my favourite bands - their impact on my taste on music and even my guitar playing is something i feel today :). I remember the first song i heard was Hurricane and i was thinking "DAMN who the hell is this?! this is some seriously class stuff!" so I found And the circus leaves town and just creamed that album completely. Phototrophic's psychedelica with that stellar solo in Spaceship Landing was enough to convince me to start finding my own niche sort of sound. When i say that i don't mean in the "yeah man im different to you lot" more finding a sound that hit the spot :P. Which is what stoner rock does for me :). From Kyuss i've gotten into Colour Haze, Los Natas, Motorpsycho and other bands. From Kyuss I even went onto just explore random different genres.

Anyways, Kyuss are one mofo band :).

PEACE!

No comments: