Sunday 26 July 2009

14 Years: Nostalgia

This is the first time I've written a poem in about 3-4 years and it has to be listened to the Fat Jon track , 14 Years, for the whole bang. Peace!



The quaint sound of a broken record permeates the room,
Its chicago jazz dancing across like a debutante searching for a groom.
The reverberations puncuate my ear, searching
for a cerebral bank of memories

The trigger sets off a forest of sepia toned feeling,
With falling autumn leaves hung in suspense in the eternity of mind.
I walk through my mind's eye and touch the blue and white ceiling
of clouds; my hand caressing their warm innocence inside.

I dive into the rush of calm nostalgia,
Swimming in a rouge ocean of tender
Romantism. I stop and float into the cerulean depths of meloncholy
Drifting to the bottom, looking for the tranquility,
With an anchor weighting for the moment.

A dark bed bursts, body flung up and a whisk of wind!
The scent of the gale generously gliding over
Pulling -- into a kaleidoscope of sound
With the echo coating the apoethetic snow-capped mountains, green vistas and golden deserts.

The cosmic rhythm guides me freely, Inviting me, before the eyes open
And the broken record has started again.











2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely. I can really sense the delicate attention you gave to this poem's shape. I especially love "my hand caressing their warm innocence inside" and the double world play on the anchor "weighting/waiting" the moment. Very clever xD

And also how the last line actually feels broken and outside of this dreamy landscape. Like literally as the song has restarted that momentary pause brings a single line of realistic impulse into the beautiful moment.

Really good! But spell romanticism properly next time xD

Kesshin said...

Cheers for the commentary :).Unfortunately, the form of the poem looks a bit off on blogspot - I have a better copy on my windows live space.

The lines you just mentioned are my favourite ones as well :P

LOOLL I just realised I spelt it wrong just now :P.

I just felt like writing a poem after having the song on loop. I wanted to write more but I had certain imagery in mind and it didn't fit - a forest, an ocean and mountainscapes (although the last one i didn't do it justice :( ).

Glad you liked it though =D.