Wednesday 4 March 2009

Weather The Storm

So I recently downloaded FL studio 8 and have been playing with it ALOT. It's so much fun to make random beats with it mixing in all these random instruments. I can tell if you know how to use it properly you can do some serious musical scents with it :P. So far I've managed to do about a 2-3 second clip but I don't know how to add onto that, but I'm thinking of just getting a tutorial or guide in order to learn it - I'm feeling making some beats and adding on some guitar on top perhaps - i also really want to learn how to do those grand piano sounds I saw on youtube - they look proper hardcore - especially with the sweeping bit - it sounds like a real piano and not synthesised! But I definitely need to learn my music theory now because I don't understand what chord means what or how to move chords an octave higher or lower (im guessing you move a chord 8 notes up if you're using the piano as a base instrument but that's only a guess).

I was on YouTube and I managed to find KQ on youtube - the actual dude! so i commented on one of his vids and he replied back - i feel honoured! I love that guy's stuff, especially his remixes - they always have this weird spacey vibe to them and he does it all on FL! His side projects are slick as well, but really really trippy and cerebral - you can't listen to it expecting a beat, it's just mood music that has this really effect on your mind to just zone out completely. I think his stuff and Fat Jon's serve as sort of inspirations to really get into the whole FL studio flex and start learning it big style for some proper beat tings - you GETS ME!???????

oh big up my mandem Halifax - bare safe tings.

These last few days have been interesting - I went from being so content on sunday (so much so i'd not felt like that in god knows how long) to being pissed off in the same night, sigh it happens. Sometimes I think god is trying to show me something when it comes to these things but I need some time to sit and think about what. It seems to coincedental to be just random.

Anyhoo

I cannot think of anything else to write that will fill the space up for this blog so im just writing whatever I can think of that will make sense.


OOOOO i forgot to mention - Skins is an awesome series - the first 2 series are amazing - the actors are brilliant and it really highlights what teenagers are going through - isolation, love, having fun, finding yourself - although it's a big exaggerated of course and there's alot of sex but it's definitely worth watching. The directing is actually astounding - like there's this one scene where this girl drops the milk carton she's holding and you see it spilling down the stairs and she's trying to call someone but they won't respond because they're crying - just gives you that idea of that proverb about crying over spilt milk but it was done so well.


No comments: