Wednesday 26 September 2007

Coffee and TV

The Boondocks. It's classic television, no question about it. A satirical take on American and Afro-american culture. I can't say there hasn't been an episode that's just made me burst out laughing - from the activist child's renegade political ideas, to the ghetto kid who's more ghetto than the "pimps" and gangsters. Definitely worth watching! Having a school play produced by Quincy Jones, has Denzel Washington and Will Smith and tells the story of Black Jesus in a predominantly caucasian school is bound for laughs.

Anyways, i thought i'd update this place with something. You know, everytime i come here my mind is baffled on what to write. Before i was brimming with ideas, now it's sort of becoming a chore to actually sit down and write something. It's coming from the top of my head at the moment. Personally i don't want to sit and talk about this or that personal issue, because it doesn't do anything - this sort of expression doesn't work completely. Maybe it's because there are people scrutinising it i don't know but either way, im not entirely sure what to talk about these days. I do want to talk about a picture or a book, but i've not actually got any materials right now. Maybe music? who knows. Well talking about music, I've been feeling various vibes these days, going from full out Hendrix Black Gold, to Cymande to Yoko Kanno and now im between José Gonzalez and the elevator music (i.e. Katrah Queyous, Nujabes, Fat Jon). Speaking of José Gonzalez, out of everything i've listened to, i find his stuff the most accessible to play with. I've not got any real idea if it goes, but that doesn't matter because i do actually go into some sort of trance when i do play. I can see why people find it soothing, but sustaining it is quite difficult so im working on doing just that. I did however see a change; a more positive one to say the least, especially with my rhythm playing. The more i play, the better it's getting, which im loving. My scaling technique is getting better, but definitely needs improvement...but im quite shocked at my drastic improvement in rhythmic strumming. These days im trying to mix chords, finger picking and riffage together....I don't know what kind of sound it is, but i'd describe it as a mix between the desert sound of Kyuss, José Gonzalez's chord sound, some small amount of Mclaughlin/Rodriguez, maybe a bit of Santana and some Hendrix. However it's no where near a real sound loool, but that's my interpretation of it when im playing.

So moving on from music, what about life in general? considering im running out of topics here lol. It's.....altering quite alot quite suddenly. These days im between worrying about universities, thinking about some people and where my mind is internally. It's quite a mixed bag and i wouldn't deny i get quite depressed these days, but you know what i think i need to tackle them one by one. Firstly let's get the universities out of the way. Then i think i'll work on the status with people, after that i'll fix out my mind a bit. These days it's quite haywire, sometimes i'm even losing coherency when i talk. A coupla days ago i was rambling on about some crap that i can't even remember. It's all a little hazy lol. Oh yeah not to mention the suicidal thoughts in between LOL. NOW that's depressing. Looking outside of my window, i got kind of worried you know, i was actually thinking about just standing on the edge of the roof....prepping myself for the plunge. Im surprised i've gotten this far, which definitely means it's serious. Trouble is, i think it's my own perception of the world rather than the world itself being cruel to me. My situation is not even that bad, but i don't think im adequately equipped yet to properly deal with it. Trouble is trying to find it through some perserverence and will power. Tough cookie indeedo. In fact i think i've been fascinated for a year now at least, but the stark and recent increase is slightly worrisome. Only slightly. Hey man it don't matter though, as i make sure i can be chillin' bob dylan then it's all good. Anyways, Free Palestine, Free Iraq.

Peace out folks.

No comments: